Saturday, May 14, 2011

Unit 8: Review

The two practices that I have determined to be the most beneficial are the subtle mind practice and meeting Asclepius.  I feel that I was able to truly relax, calm myself, rid the mental chatter and clear my mind.  Of course, the instruction and sound effects made the practices enticing.  I already practice these two each morning around 5am.  I can also implement these practices to rid myself of negative energy I encounter while at work. I can truly feel the difference in how I respond to some of my daily challenges.  I can also teach these practices to my sons.  I will have to intervene less with in their sibling disputes and probably spend less time trying to take the fire out their heated battles.  Hopefully, by the time they have fully learned the practice, the dispute will be few in number.

3 comments:

  1. That's great Deborah! I also have some children who tend to argue often, and it is a neat idea to offer something like this as a tool for them to use to get things cleared up. Then again, they are only 5 and 4 right now, so it could be a little early =0) I am happy, though, that you had such great experiences with the exercises. I also am implementing their benefits in my life and practicing remaining calm when things are getting a little chaotic. I am far from where I want to be in this, but getting better, and that's the right direction to be headed =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, I think when you can find a way to relax and it works, you should just do it! It is great you are already implementing these into your life. Knowing it is making a difference helps you to stay motivated. I believe most people do not engage in a practice such as this because they do not know how much it will help them! Keep up the good work! You will be an inspiration to others who need to implement these types of practices in their lives!

    I have my routines as well and know they make a huge difference in my life each day!

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah,

    Congratulations on your personal discoveries and on deciding to let your children come up with their own conclusions to their arguments.

    I too have found these exercises to be enlightening and relaxing, however I have seeminly become more impatient with some of my coworkers. I seem to have allowed the annoying, lazy people really get on my nerves. I realize I need to practice more often, but I can't help to wonder if I need to make sure I take my anti-anxiety and anti-depressant medications reguarly. Money, is such a problem that I want to save where I can. Thank you for your awesome post and for allowing my to vent.

    Have a good night!

    ~Struck

    ReplyDelete