Friday, May 27, 2011

Unit 10 - My Summary

1) Referring back to my assignment in unit 3, this is how I scored myself in the following areas.  Psychological – 6, Physical, – 5 and Spiritual – 6.  My scores will increase from a 5 to 6 in Psychological and physical areas because I am now participating in yoga.  My score will remain the same in the spiritual domain because I am not consistent with implementing meditation or praying every morning.

2) Yes, I have made progress towards the goals and activities I set for myself in each area.  I have identified the tasks I can implement to help me attain all of my goals and set aside time to make them reality.

3) I have implemented about 90% of the activities I chose for my well being in each area.  Physically and psychologically, I have begun my free yoga classes on the beach.  I’m not sure if these old bones can take all of that stretching though, LOL!  Also, I am now carrying around my gratitude to rock to intentionally remind me of all the things I should be grateful for instead of complaining.  Spiritually, I am not consistent with getting up every at a specific time each morning to pray or meditate.  In order for both to be effective, I must be consistent.  I practice and pray at least 3 mornings out of the week.

4) To summarize my personal experience throughout this course is referred to as “The Discovery of Me.”  I discovered the potential, the strengths and weakness, the power and purpose, and how to promote health and healing of my mind-body and spirit.  Developing and improving my well-being is in progress.  The rewarding part of this discovery is learning the different types of meditations and how they benefit my WHOLE body (mind-body-spirit).  The difficult of this journey has been making the time to implement a routine that will enable me to reap the full benefits of the practices.  This experience allows me to offer my clients/patients diverse options, other than traditional Western treatments, and it will allow my patients to participate in their own health and wellness.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb,

    That is awesome that you have implemented about 90% of the activities you set for each area! And you have a gratitude rock? What is that? I have never tried having a physical object that I carry around to remind me of psychological or spiritual goals. I think that is a great idea too! It sounds like you got a lot out of this class. That is awesome! Good luck in all your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete